All of the broccoli, radishes, and cauliflower coming out of the garden this month inspired me to create a personal size veggie plate with ranch dressing.
First, put a cup of mayonnaise in a mixing bowl. Add onion powder, celery leaves, marjoram, dill, cayenne, salt and pepper. Parsley would be good, too. Add some lemon juice or white wine vinegar. Stir in the buttermilk and mix well. Add more buttermilk if needed to thin it to a pourable consistency. Store in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for about a week.
It works equally well as a dip for veggies or drizzled over garden fresh lettuce.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.